Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Autobiography

My name is True and this is a blog that I have created for my creative writing class. The intent is to offer another outlet for me to express thoughts about writing, or even pieces that I have authored myself. I enjoy writing articles, and I could see myself as a journalist in the future. Some of the writing that I enjoy are the short stories in the ilk of Nathaniel Hawthorne and Edgar Allen Poe, more of the Romanticist period. I find that their stories are captivating and still are examples of good writing even today. Modern writers that I like are John Steinbeck, and in particular, his novel Travels with Charley. This novel is an incredible dialogue on the state of the nation when he wrote it, and offers a delightful answer to his query of "What is America?"

2 comments:

Grace said...

Truthfully, your page is very nice.

Dreese said...

False Under Go...your awesome. Love you. Call me.